What’s in it for you?
Through this 8-week, paid summer internship, you’ll gain knowledge and insight into the production cycle with a focus on a specific product line. Working as an integral member of a Macy’s product team, you’ll learn the product development process, and hone your presentation skills, communication skills, time management and business etiquette. You will gain exposure and communicate with overseas offices as well as the global vendor community and merchant partners to develop strategy for sourcing Private Brands. You’ll also be assigned a case study project to develop your skills in business analysis, identifying a market opportunity for Macy’s and developing a business plan. This internship is located exclusively in New York City.
- Classroom and hands-on learning with a Macy’s product team
- Participation in tactical meetings with vendors and manufacturers
- Cross-functional departmental exposures
- Weekly exposure to senior level executives from various areas of Macy’s Private Brands.
- Group project and presentation of a business development strategy to Macy’s, Inc. executives
What you have the opportunity to do
- Track and monitor the product development process
- Learn techniques of competitive shopping to gain awareness of trends
- Assist with marketing to identify new packaging, brands/labels and hangtag needs
- Interact with subject matter experts to discover the multitude of career opportunities available in Macy’s Private Brands
- Enhance your understanding of coordination between functional areas to deliver the best business results
- Present a business plan to Macy’s, Inc. executives
- Become involved in the company’s community initiatives, including the popular Partners In Time volunteer program
What to bring to the internship
- Solid academic record, all majors welcome
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to promote teamwork, solve problems and manage complex relationships
- Proficiency on PCs and with Microsoft Office; excellent Excel skills critical
- Experience in Retail; Sales, Management or Buying exposure a plus
Macy’s, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.